Now that the chaos of graduation has subsided, I’ve finally settled back into old tempos: cat naps in my old bedroom, fresh Connecticut air on my evening walks, trips to the local pizzeria for lunch.
In the meantime, I’ve begun planning out the details of my summer trip, as well as packing up all of my stuff for my extended vacay and to ship the rest to Mountain View, where I’ll be living starting August (!!!).
I’ve actually been planning this trip ever since the beginning of senior year, and the thought of leaving in just 10 days gets my heart racing. Traveling always revitalizes me, and I love the idea of being disconnected from “reality” for two whole months as I refresh, recharge, and distract myself from the chaos of my emotions from the past few weeks that are jumbled in my head.
Anyways, this is what my itinerary looks like so far:
- June 13-16: Nice, France
- June 16-17: Monaco
- June 17-20: Bordeaux, France
- June 20-22: Paris, France (to meet up with my little sister 😍)
- June 22-24: Alsace, France
- June 25-28: Geneva, Switzerland
- June 28-July 1: Zagreb, Croatia
- July 1-3: Dubrovnik, Croatia
- July 3-7: Positano, Italy (sister goes home 😥)
- July 7-17: Cape Town, South Africa
- July 17-22: Johannesburg, South Africa
- July 22-28: Johannesburg -> Kruger National Park -> Swaziland -> Durban, SA
- July 28-Aug. 1: Durban, South Africa
- Aug. 2-4: Seattle, WA
- Aug. 4-???: Mountain View, CA!!!!!!!!!!
I’ve actually been dreaming of going to Croatia since high school, when I came across a photo of Plitvice Lakes National Park, so the fact that I finally got to squeeze it into a trip (and be in Zagreb on my birthday!!) is extra special. Anddddd…I finally get to explore a new continent – Africa! Excited to try someplace brand new.
I’ll mostly be posting on this blog during my trip, so if you’d like updates on my whereabouts, check here! And of course, if you’ll be in any of these places during my trip, hit me up so we can plan a meet-up!